Individuals Survive… Communities Thrive
We do our best to be as productive and self-sufficiency as possible because growing up on an island in the middle of the pacific gives you a deep appreciation and respect for the importance of resource management, planning, and preparation.
We understand that no one can do it all on their own, and that the best way to care for our community is to assure that our neighbors have the skills and resources they need to be part of the solution.
We practice what we teach
Everything that we teach we do ourselves.
If you want to learn how to grow your own produce, and improve your self-sufficiency, learn from people who do it themselves everyday.
We love what we do, and want to help others to do the same.
If you are interested in acquiring the skills and knowledge necessary to operate and maintain your own projects, we offer training in:
- Soil Development
- Basic Agriculture
- Animal Husbandry (Rabbits and Chickens)
Everything starts with good soil. But access to land for cultivating a compost pile is a luxury in Hawaii. That’s why we are committed to providing people with affordable healthy organic soil to power their own projects according to their own ability.
- Vermicast (worm castings) Fertilizer
- Seed Starter Mix
- Potting Soil
We can help by providing:
- Personal Consultations to understand your needs, establish goals, and explore options that are attainable and cost-effective.
- On site Evaluations of your home to identify your existing resources and explore solutions appropriate to your specific situation.
- Help with Custom Fabrication of coops, cages, raised beds, container gardens, feed, watering, and aquaponics systems.